- THIMUN Rules and Procedures must be enforced
- The conference must be attended by a minimum of 250 participants from a minimum of 10 different schools
- The conference must last a minimum of 2 days
- The organising school must have attended one of the THIMUN Conferences (The Hague, Singapore, Qatar or Montevideo)
- The conference must have been held at least four times before, and affiliation can be applied for only from the fifth year onward
- The conference must consist of at least 6 committees
When investigating and deciding on the follow-up on a request for THIMUN affiliation, the above are the basic requirements. However some other aspects will also be taken into consideration such as the number of affiliated conferences already existing in the region, the international attendance as well an international aspect to the issues to be debated. The language of the conference and the student participation in the running of the conference will also play a role.